Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My imaginary ePortfolios

If I was a master in handling web tools and had plenty of time to go on the Internet I would probably create a whole bunch of ePortfolios:

I would have one that I could use as a CV. I don't like paperwork and I think having something just already posted on the Internet is just great. That kind of ePortfolio will have to be protected by a password because of privacy issues. I would probably not include any music but certainly pictures of important events that are relevant to my academic life.

I would have one on the theme of dance. I would love to have a web page with all the pictures and videos of my different performances. I could also use it to share opinions and tips, from which music is really cool to dance on to where to get a specific dance gear. This will also be a great way to keep in touch with my dancer friends from all around the globe. It is so much easier than just the regular "I will send you pics soon" and actually never get a chance to do it.

Then I would have one for the family. I moved to the US to study and sometimes it is hard for me to keep up with emails with every single member of my family, or friends that are dispersed all around the world. I would create an ePortfolio on myself and on what s going on in my life so that my parents and friends can just pop on the web page and have instant news from me, see pictures, videos etc. It is kind of like an email you will send to everybody but in a better way.
I would create a ePortfolio on the theme of organic chemistry. I am currently taking this class and it is a tremendous amount of studying. The key is to remember every single new reactions and up to now we probably already have more than 200 to remember. My ePortfolio will be designed to help future student to memorize their mechanisms and reactions. I would put up all the possible reactions we learned like a kind of interactive flash cards (I wish I had that to study...) with animations to show the mechanisms, color coding, exceptions to the rule etc. The portfolio will be a study tool for any students taking organic chemistry.
Oh and I almost forgot, I would actually make a Portfolio for the Operation Smile Club (at Foothill) that I belong to. I am really proud of being part of this club and I would like students on campus to know about what we are doing and hopefully get lots of members! It is actually not such a dream portfolio since I actually started one but never got to finish yet. I would have organized it in such a way that we would post our upcoming events (fundraisings...) and who we are, what we do, how to join and of course lots and lots of pictures! It has to look really fun because I want people to be interested when looking at the Portfolio.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Gee, Steph, I honestly loved every single one of your ideas here. The organic chem one is especially eye-catching (given that it becomes a student-to-student teaching tool).