Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Welcome to my fantasy U-Museum



First of all and before you get lost in this crazy place let me guide you through the different places you will find here.


MAP


First Floor:
- the library

Second Floor:
- the piano room
- the laboratory

The Gardens:
- the dance studio
- the beach



Now let's look in details what in each of these places represents part of the person I am.





The Library

Often referred to as a quiet place I cannot say that it is the reason why I like libraries. In fact I can not stand studying in silence. Rather, the noiseless atmosphere you find there reflects the person I usually am in class, in other words you will not notice me because I do not participate in class.

And yes I love reading. I use to read 3 to 4 books a week in high school. I read primarily non fiction stories and thrillers. I can say that a great percentage of my knowledge comes from books. Most of the time I learn better by reading than listening which helped me develop my ability to memorize a lot of information.

The library represents the studious part of me.






The piano room

I learned how to play piano for 4 years. I cannot say that I am realy good at it, sadly, but I always enjoyed the sound. I had to stop my lessons because one of my other passions was too time consuming. I am still somehow frustrated about it and I promised myself that if I ever have some time later on I will definitely relearn it.








The laboratory

That will be one of my favorite and most exciting place. Here you create. You try to understand how life works at your cells' level. My goal is to besome a medical researcher. Research is a field I find really fascinating because it is an endless learning process. As technologies gets more efficient, so does our ability to observe and discover how the human body works so that researchers constantly have to update their knowledge.










The Dance studio

This is my other passion, dancing. I have been dancing for ever and even though I am not thinking going profesional, I would like to keep dancing as long as I can. Dancing helps me doing a necessary break in between my studies. I can say that it is a full part of my working process. Study hard, dance and cool down, study again.













The Beach

Finally I have to mention where I grew up because it builds up part of my personality. I am from a peaceful and sunny island lost in the Pacific Ocean that people knows as Tahiti. It makes sense to say that I like warm sunny days like we sometimes do have lately. So if by a cold and grey day I am really grumpy, you can blame it on the weather.

Although being a beautiful island I jave to say that it is also a BORING place for young people. As a result I deveolped the habit to keep myself busy: school work, job, more work, more activities... And now I end up having zero free time. It will sound weird but I actually think I like to be overloaded with work.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Wow, Stephanie, I found your UMuseum among the most fascinating so far -- because you took plenty of time to illustrate and discuss your various intellectual passions! I'm intrigued, however, by your claim that you "never participate in class." I wonder why. Meanwhile it doesn't look as if you will have any problem participating in blogging for this seminar.

I've often argued that one advantage of requiring student blogs and eportfolios in education is that quiet-but-passionate-and-thoughtful students (such as yourself) may find it far easier to "participate" online that off. So let's both watch and see what happens in the next ten weeks. This sure seems like a great start :)