Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Response to Paul Graham

Again another article on procrastination... So this time, Graham deals with two types of procrastination, the good ones and the bad ones.
I think that is actually a really good way to see procrastination because I do believe that not all procrastinators are lazy and unproductive people.
People might take good procrastination as being careless about yourself but if you read Graham's paper then you realize that it might not be such a bad thing. Although to be honest not doing laundry or omitting hygienics, that sounds impossible to me. But it is true that you do waste serious time cooking, keeping up with your emails, reading a book, watching TV, hanging out with friends. I guess after it's just an issue of balancing what is truly important to yourself.
Now I feel less bad not answering all my friends' emails haha. (It's because I'm doing good procrastination)
I think it is interesting to see how different people deal with their own view of good procrastination because it just reinforces the idea that each person is different so that you cannot get a specific definition of what is good or bad procrastination.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

13 points. "I guess after it's just an issue of balancing what is truly important to yourself." Exactly.