Saturday, May 31, 2008

Response to Steve Jobs Speech

Wow, Steve Jobs is for sure an amazing person. I really enjoyed reading the speech, it is inspiring.
I believe that it is really fundamental to study what we want to. As Jobs says, our time here is limited so we definitely need to enjoy every second of our life!
When Jobs said that he felt bad "wasting" his parents' money for studies he did not really enjoy, I totally understand him. My parents also support me financially at nearly 90%. I always make sure to take the classes required for my major (that I enjoy by the way) and be careful not to drop it when it is no longer refundable. Yes because I'm paying non-resident fees so it is quite expensive, almost the same as international fees...
Sometimes I do feel really bad for my parents having to pay everything for me so I can focus on my studies so I put even more effort to make sure everything is worth the price. And I thank my parents a lot, they're awesome.
As Steve Jobs' example I think that you become really successful when you do whatever you are passionate about. And even if life is hard, as long as you stick with your ideas then everything should be fine. The obvious example is when you study something you really enjoy, you tend to get good grades really easily and reverse when it is something you do not like.
What I think is incredible with Jobs' journey is that he had moments of epiphany where he realized that some things were better for him that way (even if its a flashback moment). Those moments are the most helpful in your life and you definitely get to appreciate whatever happened to you and be grateful to life in general.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Agree that at some level it pays to follow your dreams.