Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Response to the structured procratination

Wow, I thought first that I might be one of those people, procrastinators, but clearly I am not a structured procrastinator. Or not quite.


As I was reading John Perry's article I was thinking that it almost looks like it requires a lot of work to be a structured procrastinator. It is like a mental state where you believe that it is better to do anything else than the work you are supposed to do, even if it means to do extra work in order to avoid the original job. That is so interesting. Frankly, I'm such a lazy girl that I would always weigh whether or not it is worth it to do the assigned job or search for a way to avoid it.

It is true that there is quite a lot of people who wait until the last moment to do a work. Just look at me doing my tasks for week 6 the night before its due... Actually it's quite good since usually I will wait until tomorrow. But that doesn't make those people procrastinators necessarily. People might just feel lazy, or do work in order of priority etc...

But I guess the definition of a procrastinator will be that of somebody doing the work at the last moment under no means of pressure.

This almost sound like a psychological situation. Really interesting though.
So now what is it about procrastinators? I mean, do those people need some kind of help or is it just something that we need to understand?
Do procrastinators chose to be like that or is it something that you cannot control?
What is funny is that after reading this article I felt like I should start doing my work as soon as I have time rather than waiting the last moment as usual. For some reason the article's issues about being so late on all the work totally freaked me out. I guess I don't want to have to do two months worth of work in only three days.....
yay, let's do homeworks now!

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

13 points. Haha -- "As I was reading John Perry's article I was thinking that it almost looks like it requires a lot of work to be a structured procrastinator."